The District MGNREGS Cell, Jalpaiguri is a Government Organization under the supervision of the DPC is responsible for the implementation of the scheme in the District, in accordance with the provisions made in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) 2005 and rules & guidelines made thereunder. We at District MGNREGS Cell, Jalpaiguri:
Receive the Annual Action Plans from the Gram Panchayats* & the Panchayat Samites and consolidate them along with those received from other implementing agencies (Line Departments) for inclusion in the District Annual Action Plan for approval by the Zilla Parishad.
- Accord timely sanction to shelf of projects.
- Ensure that any new scheme added at any level are presented again for ratification and fixing priority by concerned Gram Sabha before administrative sanction is accorded to them.
- Ensure timely release and utilization of funds.
- Ensure wage-seekers are provided work as per their entitlements under this Act.
- Review, monitor and supervise the performance of the POs and all implementing agencies in relation to MGNREGA works.
- Conduct and cause to be conducted periodic inspection of the works in progress and verification of Muster Rolls.
- Ensure that First Information Report (FIR) is filed in every case in which there is prima facie, evidence of misappropriation or financial irregularity.
- Carry out responsibilities as given in Schedule II related to grievance redressal.
- Coordinate an Information Education and Communication (IEC) campaign for MGNREGA within the district.
- Develop annual plans for training and capacity building of various stakeholders within the district.
- Submit periodic progress and updates to the State Government.
- Ensure that social audits are done in all Gram Panchayats once in six months and ensure follow up action on social audit reports.
- Ensure that all transactions including issue of Job Cards, recording of applications for work, allocation of work, generation of wage slips and Fund Transfer Orders (FTOs), entries relating to work performed, delayed payment of wages, and unemployment allowance are made through NREGAsoft only.
- Ensure that all entries relating to works such as details of the shelf of works, status of implementation, photographs of works at three different stages are entered in NREGAsoft at every required stage.
- Ensure that all funds received by Implementing Agencies are reflected through NREGASoft.
- Ensure Financial Audit of MGNREGA accounts.
*7 No. of Blocks and 80 No. of Gram Panchayats