Convergence of inter-sectoral programmes with MGNREGA will enable better planning and effective investments in rural areas. Convergence also brings synergy between different
government programmes and /or schemes in term of their planning, process and implementation.
A Task Force has been set up to explore more comprehensive and effective possibilities and
to review strategies of convergence, latent in MGNREGA Taskforce report
Line Departments engaged with MGNREGA activities:
Government and non Government Organizations have scope to work in convergence with MGNREGA to create durable assets and generate Man days providing employments to the rural unemployed people as per MGNREGA Act.
Since inception of the program, different Govt. Departments are engaged in convergence with MGNREGA program for activities & development in Jalpaiguri District.
The under noted Government Departments (Line Departments) have actively participated so far in convergence with MGNREGA program for developmental activities.
In addition to above Departments we have also offered other Departments to participate for working under MGNREGA as per guideline for Convergence. These Departments are
- Agriculture & Soil Conservation
- Land Development
- Water Harvesting & Conservation
- Farm Development
- Creation of fishery tank for Pisciculture
- CADC, Falakata
- Creation of Areca nuts, Coconut, Black pepper and other horticultural nurseries and organizing different training programs.
- Creation of nursery, fodder cultivation, organizing training
- Forest Department
- Nursery & plantation
- Water harvesting structure / Ponds
- Forest Roads
- Elephant proof trench
- Small irrigation
- Flood protection
- Assistance to SHGs for creation of nursery
- Construction and development of village roads
- Irrigation and Waterways Department
- Flood protection works
Horticulture, Health Department, Education Department, District Industrial Centre ,Animal Resource Development, ITPA, WIDD, Dy Dir (Textile), SRD.